Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pumpkin burger à l'Ancienne (015)

Hi Dudes,

I have to confess that I really like meat - especially in form of hamburgers.
Nevertheless, I am aware that meat has quite a large ecologic footprint and it maybe a good idea to think about reducing my meat consumption a little bit. So my questions is simple:
Is it possible to make a tasty burger without meat? Yesterday I started to built my own burger.
It is based on pumpkin and zucchini and I was really surprised how well it tasted! You don't believe me? Try it out and send me feedback!






For 2 people you need

PREP:  10 min
COOK: 10 min
LEVEL: easy







Hokkaido pumpkin / 300 g
Zucchini / 100 g
Onion / 1
Egg / 1
Breadcrumbs
Mustard / 1 tablespoon
Caraway seeds / a pinch
Chili flakes / a pinch
See salt
Pepper
Oil


Hamburger buns / 4 small or 2 large
Mayonnaise 
Maille mustard à l'Ancienne
Gherkins
Some lettuce leaves
Cheese
Beefsteak tomato






Preparation:

1. Wash pumpkin, zucchini and onion and grate them into a bowl. Add 1 egg, mustard, caraway seeds, chili, see salt and pepper and mix all ingredients. Add breadcrumbs until everything sticks together and you can form patties.

2. Heat up a pan and fry the patties and some onion rings for 4 min from each side in oil till they are golden brown.

3. Mix one tablespoon of Maille mustard à l'Ancienne with 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise.


4. Toast the buns and start to build your burger!



Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment