Friday, December 13, 2013

Stay-at-home-dude Kitchen Tour 2013 - Düsseldorf

Hi Dudes,

I have just arrived in Düsseldorf, my first place to stay on my kitchen tour. Sebo has invited me to stay in his kitchen and prepare a stay-at-home-dude dining experience. After a walk through the old city center of Düsseldorf and the christmas market, I moved on to the nice Rine promenade - the weather is cold with blue sky and sunshine and big ships are shipping on the river. I spent 15 months working in Düsseldorf and I really love this city and the people!




Tonight I will prepare a variety of spanish tapas. I will post the ingredients and the pictures tomorrow after my hangover. Stay tuned!

Update:

My hangover has last longer than I expected. I had a really nice time in Düsseldorf and say a big thank you to the kitchen hosts Sebo (with Anna and Torben) and Dirk! Sebo and Torben have designed a stay-at-home-dude t-shirt for the event in Düsseldorf that shows the skyline of the city - amazing!





Tapas on Friday were a big success.
Next day, together with Dirk, we prepared chicken breast with leek-tarragon sauce and pasta. First time I used tarragon and we liked it.

For tapas for 4 people you need:


Bacon wrapped Dates

Bacon / 12-15 slices
Dates / 12 - 15
Olive oil / 50 ml
Garlic / 2 claws
Salt 
Pepper

Tortilla española
Olive oil / 2 tablespoons
Potatoes / 2 big
Onion / 2 small
Eggs / 4
Paprika powder / a pinch
Salt
Pepper

Gambas in garlic chili oil
Gambas / 400 g 
Olive oil / 6 tablespoons
Garlic / 2 claws
Vanilla pod
Cinnamon bark
Lemon juice / 2 teespoons
Sherry / 2 tablespoons, medium dry
Red peppers / 1
Salt 
Pepper

Meat balls and potatoes in Sherry-sauce
Minced meat / 500 g (50/50)
Bread crumbs / 0.5 cup
Flat parsley / 3 tablespoons
Garlic / 2 claws mashed
Sweet paprika powder / 2 tablespoons
Olive oil / 2 tablespoons
Butter / 30 g
Onion / medium 
Sweet paprika powder / 1 tablespoon
Wheat flower / 1 tablespoon
Sherry /  8 tablespoons, dry
Chicken bouillon / 250 ml
Potatoes / 10 small 
Flat parsley / 3 tablespoons

Almond-lemon cake
Butter / 125 g
Sugar / 1 cup
Eggs / 4 
Lemon juice / 5 tablespoons
Wheat flower / 140 g
Baking powder 
Grained almonds / 280 g
Lemon zest / 2 lemon
Lemon / 2 organic
Water / 8 tablespoons 
Sugar / 0.5 cup
Cream 




The preparation follows as soon as possible. 











Chicken breast with tarragon sauce and pasta

For 2 people you need:


Chicken breast / 2 à 150 g
Wheat flower / 50 g
Butter / 30g
Leek / 1
White wine / 150 ml
Chicken bouillon / 150 ml
Cream / 30 ml
Tarragon / fresh leaves
Pasta / 250 g
Salt
Pepper







No comments:

Post a Comment