Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Stay-at-home-dude Kitchen Tour 2013 - Karlsruhe

Hi Dudes, 

on monday I arrived in Karlsruhe. In 2002 I spent a couple of months in Karlsruhe and did an internship at Siemens and a small software company. So I am quite familiar with the city and made a short trip to the "Karlsruher Schloß" taking photos. Again with sunshine and blues skies - I am really lucky with the weather. I hope it goes on like this. 
I stayed for a couple of hours at my aunts place and she prepared a nice "Wurstsalat" - hmm yummy. After this we baked a cheesecake with red oranges

In the evening I traveled further to Ina and Andre.  There we made a pumpkin-paprika soup with garlic croutons and spinach-gnocchi with roasted pumpkin and spinach. I have never prepared homemade gnocchi before, I think it has worked quite well. Maybe a little bit more salt for the dough next time. As dessert we had a piece of the cheesecake we prepared at midday. You can find the recipes between the pictures below.  

We spend a cozy evening with wine, good food and music. Many thanks to my aunt Annedore and Ina and Andre for being great hosts on my tour. Next stop: Freiburg







For 3 people you need:




Pumpkin-paprika soup with garlic croutons


Paprika / 2 red small
Pumpkin / 300 g 
Vegetable bouillon / 450 ml
Cream / 50 ml
Cocos milk / 50 ml
Curry powder / 0.5 teaspoon
Garlic / 1 claw
Cinnamon bark / 1
Vanilla pot / 0.5
Butter / 20 g
Salt 
Chili powder
Olive oil / 1 tablespoon
Flat parsley / 1 tablespoon
Galgant or ginger
Toast / 25 g
Olive oil / 2 tablespoons
Garlic / 1 claw




Spinach-gnocchi with roasted pumpkin and spinach

Spinach / 250 g
Pumpkin / 200 g
Potatoes / 200 g, floury
Wheat flower / 75 g
Egg / 1
Sage leaves 
Butter / 50 g
Salt 
Pepper
Parmesan cheese
Pine seeds












3 comments: